FAW Tier two league formed in 1990



Plenty of goals in the first round of the JD Welsh cup for Huws Gray Alliance teams as twelve made it through to the round two draw

Denbigh were the fays highest scorers as they hammered nine passed Holyhead Town, Mark Roberts led the way with for goals, new signing Jordon Barrow netted a brace as did Sam Jones with an own goal making it nine

Gresford Athletic were two behind at half time against visitors Brickfield rangers but fought back to win four three after extra time with Sam Molineux (right) netting a hattrick, his third from the penalty spot seeing Gresford into the hat for the round two draw

In the All Huws Gray game at Llanraeadr YM Flint Town United progressed with an off goal in three-win, Miles Hart and Richie Foulkes on target for Flint with Ian Edmunds replying

It was the same score at Conwy Borough in another all Huws Gray tie with two own goals taken Rhyl though and Conor Harwood on target for Conwy

Bangor City reached the second round with a four two home win against Mold Alex, Andy Jones, Les Davies (2) and Alex Darlington getting the Bangor goals

Previous winners Prestatyn Town also made round two as they fired five at home to New Brighton Villa. Ollie Buckley. Alex Williams (2), Warren Adams and Aaron White getting the goals

Porthmadog fired three without reply at Pwllheli. Jay Gibbs, Irfan Emlyn and Shaun Cavanagh on the score sheet

League leaders Airbus Broughton are also through to round two thanks to a four-nil win at Penycae. Joe Chaplin (2) Leo Riley and Kristen Platt getting their goals

A goal in each half from Chris Cathrall and Jack Harris (pen) gave Guilsfield a path into round tow at the expense of visitors Rhostyllen

Buckley Town won a very hard game against a strong Brymbo team marshalled well by their captain Vita Mbolokele. Buckley had early chances but it was Brymbo who took the lead on 22 minutes.  Buckley managed to get on level terms after twelve minutes with Callum Humphries scoring powerfully from a corner kick. The second half saw Buckley gaining  more possession especially down the wings. On 75 minutes another corner and another headed goal by Callum.  Three minutes later a delightful 40 yard cross field pass found Aron Williams on the right wing who controlled the ball and then beat three defenders and coolly slotted  ball home beneath the advancing keeper

Ruthin Town won by the odd goal in five at Coedpoeth, they led one nil at the break thanks to a Ryan Jones goal but trailed two one with nine minutes to go only for Lewis Turner and Osain Davies to net very late goal to take them through

Holyhead Hotspur netted two goals in each half from Tomos Clarke, Mel McGuiness, Aron Hughes Jones and Marc Evans to progress against Corwen who managed two goals of their own

The Berriew Penrhyncoch game finished two all with Berriew progressing on penalties